EnGenius ESR900 Unbrick
On very rare occasions something might happen during the firmware upgrade process that makes the router unusable.
If this happens there is a quick way to restore it.
1) Download the following image and save it to the computer you are going to use:
2) Regardless of the operating running on your machine, you will need to assign a static IP on the Laptop/PC/MAC ethernet card. Set the following:
3) Connect your PC to one of the LAN ports of the ESR900 (Yellow ports)
4) Disconnect from any WiFi network, to prevent any network routing issues
5) Open a browser and go to http://192.168.99.9/
6) You will see the following:
Click on Chose File, go to the location where you saved b_160122_00_engenius_esr900.dlf and select it.
7) Click upload and you are done.
DO NOT REBOOT THE ENGENIUS WHILE THE FIRMWARE IS BEING APPLIED
8) Once you have finished installing the firmware, make sure that the cable coming from your ISP is connected to the WAN (blue) port so that it will come online in your CT dashboard.